Home Page

History

The school is situated close to the village of North Petherwin, at Brazzacott, in the centre of the Parish. Most pupils live in the Parish, a happy and caring community surrounds the village comprising of hamlets, farmsteads and clusters of cottages. We are 7 miles from Launceston, the ancient capital of Cornwall and approximately 15 miles from Bude and the beautiful North Cornwall coastline is only 10 miles away.

The school itself was built in 1878 originally being the school and the schoolhouse which has now been extended as part of the school. Many local families have attended for several generations. The building is listed, with a beautiful thatched cottage next door.

There is a Playground, Football Field and Environmental Area. Originally two classrooms, the school has now grown. The school has four classrooms occupied by Class 1, Class 2, Class 3 and the Nursery.

The partition in the large classroom can be easily opened to provide a large teaching area and a dining hall at lunchtimes. It is also useful for when we have school plays. We have our own school kitchen and cook. Excellent meals are specially prepared each day for the children,

We have a well-stocked library. A computer suite with 8 new computers, a resource room, staff room and office,

The playground provides a netball court and areas for small games. There is a football
field which is also used for rounders, cricket and other activities. At playtimes the children can also enjoy their playing field which has additional play equipment.